18 April 2006

Accra Life

Street vendors are the people who walk up and down the streets selling whatever they can. Many are carrying heavy, heavy loads. While I was sitting at a sidewalk stand sipping a Coke I saw the following street vendors.
*) 3 different people selling bananas and peanuts
*) 2 people selling sugar cane
*) 3 people selling onions
There was one vendor of all the following.
*) popcorn and peanuts
*) cabbage, tomatoes and carrots
*) ironing boards (yes one man was carrying two ironing boards to sell)
*) Nescafe coffee cart
*) Bird cages with birds inside
*) Pictures in frames
*) Watches and watch batteries
*) Belts
*) Socks

By the way I did not go to church on Easter. The pastors were away at a big Easter Convention so there was no church for the children. I did wear my red dress all day though. There is no Easter Bunny in Ghana but the kids did ask me for an Easter present. I gave them each a bag of Snappy peanuts and they were very happy. Snappy peanuts are like honey-roasted peanuts at home, extra sugar extra good.

No comments: