25 August 2007

Two Weeks Already?

I've been here for two weeks and 3 days already. It seems like I just arrived and it seems like I've been here forever. All is still going well. The kids that traveled to visit their extended families are all fine. Kelvin and Kweku are also doing well. Kelvin's English is very, very good. He translates for me. Kweku's English is getting better every day.

The other day when I was going to leave to come to Accra, I asked Kelvin for a hug and he gave me a nice hug. Kweku was playing under the table at the time. I don't know if he saw the hug or heard the word, but he was crawling out as fast as he could. He reached his arms up so I could pick him up and get a nice hug too.

Kelvin's reading is very good. We ready for about 1/2 hour a day when I'm in the village. Whenever the neighborhood kids see, they come over too. They are learning English from Kelvin and trying to teach me Twi. They get alot of laughs at my pronunciation.

Today I met Sean, a missionary working in the Accra area. He works with handicapped people. He is also a photographer. So, he has agreed to come to the home and take pictures for me of the kids going about their daily routine and doing their daily things. With his work he usually has some free time the first week of the month. Hopefully, he will get to our home the first week of October. I did take pictures of the items I brought as well as my "helpers" helping me unpack them all. The pictures are doing fine inside the camera! One of these days they will make it to the internet cafe so they can make it to the blog.

Oh well, that's all for now. I'll write more later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Florence,

How wonderfull to read your experiences. I'm looking forward to come over again also. Keep well.

Theo