07 September 2007

More Updates

Here's Kelvin's smile. You can see the missing teeth.


Kweku has lately decided he's too big to nap. Unfortunately, his 3 year old body doesn't believe this. In this little chair he looked just like an old man who fell asleep in the middle of the afternoon.


This is a picture of the living room aka the sitting room.


The following entries contain pictures that will tell more than I ever could describe. When we get into the forest area I feel like I'm really in Africa. When I say this to Ghanaians they laugh. Accra and the coastal savannah regions are also really Africa. But, this is the Africa of National Geographic specials. It is also where the children live.

Two quick funny stores about the boys. Kelvin and a friend were entertaining me by singing songs they knew. These were the songs they had learned in church all about God and Jesus. In the middle of one Kelvin stopped and said, "Oh, shit! I forgot the words." It still cracks me up when I remember this.

I'll skip the parts that Kelvin had to interpret and write this as if Kweku and I were actually speaking to each other. It'll be easier to write and easier to follow. I saw Kweku using the bread knife to cut the table and told him to put it down. Instead he used the table as if he was sharpening the knife. I said, "Kweku, put that knife down!" Kweku in his biggest 3 year old voice said, "I am a MAN!" I burst out laughing and couldn't stop for a good 5 minutes. I told Grandma Emelia who also laughed and laughed.

Well that's all for now, enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Flo!
I'm so glad you're having a wonderful time in your second home. What a lovely home it is too--I bet the kids are so happy!
Did you ever get your luggage? I hope you're well and enjoy the remainder of your trip. Keep writing--I love hearing about your experiences.
Love,
Pamala